Don't you know things can change?

Posted by StephieMae
So I'm not taking back what I previously stated about throwing the towell in but I would like to point out that I really do have loads of perfectly wonderful friends and family in my life. I am grateful for all they do for me. In reading a fellow bloggers post this morning I've been moved beyond words really to see what being a friend means to her. She is most likely unaware of my following her but she said something so simple yet so profound when speaking of an experience in her life.

“I’ll find a way to repay you,” is what my friend says on a daily basis.

“No need,” I counter. “It’s about time you let me help you for once. What I’m doing now is only a tiny fraction of what you’ve done for me for so many years.”

Fellow bloggers - it's not about becoming bitter or resentful to those that you feel have wronged you. It's about picking up the pieces and accepting that it is what it is. Everyone has their own ability to choose how they feel. Nobody can make you feel a certain way-you choose it. This being said I'm going to take some advice from a dear friend I met up with last night and choose to move on. I can't let what others do affect me in a negative manner. I love all those that I come in contact with no matter how long or short of a moment they are around in my life. I do love them and the memories shared.

I recently was reading an article that teaches a very simple principle. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this comes from a recent talk given in the last conference; by Elder Wirthlin.

"Come what may, and love it."

So often today we find it easier to blame everyone else around us for how we are feeling what we are experiencing, etc. It must not be that way-we must learn to embrace each day as a new opportunity to learn something new.

And as I sit here typing this all in a song comes on over the radio-Wilson Philipps; HOLD ON. Couldn't be a more fitting song for today.

You could sustain
Or are you comfortable with the pain?
Youve got no one to blame for your unhappiness
You got yourself into your own mess
Lettin your worries pass you by
Dont you think its worth your time
To change your mind?

Let's do it peeps-just make up your mind and do it. Whether you say you can or can't you're right. Peace out*

1 sweet comments on "Don't you know things can change?"

Tawna on February 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM said...

Amen Sista! It's great what you can learn in some difficult moments, but it sounds like you are on the right track to making YOU feel better and be better. I love it!! (And I love diet coke too)

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!