StoryTime

Posted by StephieMae
Okay so this was way too funny and it was a must share story! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post it. It is hilarious and I think you may just think so too!

I hope I don't butcher it...

First off let me just give you lil background. Last night my cousin Larry flew in for the evening to do a fireside for the Columbine Stake. I always have loved listening to him speak. Amazing and he's even being highlighted at for the BYU homecoming this year. He is amazing and it is what it is. Pure brilliance to have Him around. He's a good story teller. A classic Mercer quality.

So we got to talking about stuff in the news and about some silly law suit about a polynesian couple who went into a buffet for their all you can eat prime rib offer.

I tried to find the article but to no avail...I came up empty handed. Either way I guess after the husbands 13th plate of meat the manager/owner/lameoid said that was enough and they had to leave.

Umm - como que leave?? You left that wide open for a lawsuit because duh-it's all you can eat! Or can you not read?? Either way not sure what ended up happening...I suppose they settled and gave the couple some money and I'm sure loads of free food.

But it led up to the funnier story of the eveining. Lar and a friend had met up at what he called the Golden Apple (??) a buffet in the greater Provo area back in the day. My parents were the only other ones that had recollection of the place.

Anyways He and his friend has gone for I guess I would call it a late lunch. While there Larry observed this family SLEEPING!! Ha ha so he asks His friend 'who are they?' and with a reply I assume was kind of like duh it's a no brainer...'oh well that's so and so'

Oh right so and so - anyways on Fridays this family would go and pay the lunch price then take a nap. Sleep on through the afternoon than stay for dinner. I mean it is a buffet. It is a one time cover charge. The kids would sleep on the floor, booth etc and they would eat. HA HA HA only in Utah right???

I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend filled with loads of college football!! Oh I love this time of year! There will be some good games and I look forward to them all!

2 sweet comments on "StoryTime"

Kevin & Chelsey on October 23, 2009 at 7:55 AM said...

Larry is Dad's cousin not our uncle

StephieMae on October 23, 2009 at 12:26 PM said...

We were discussing this the other night as well...ha but true he's our cousin but he says he wouldn't have it any other way but for me to call him uncle. But yes correction to the post. My cousin 'uncle' Larry.

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!