This lil light of mine...I'm going to let it shine!

Posted by StephieMae
So I have a lot of everything stored up my lil head and the majority of the time I never share a good 2/3's of it. I share loads of random ramblings, videos, pictures, but it's been a while since I've written anything with substance.

I shouldn't be hard on myself because this is a blog...there are no expectations, right? I get feedback from many sources...and I mostly take that feedback and do absolutely nothing with it except store it away.

But I thought I would take a moments time and jot down a lil something to help everyone know who it is that is behind this blog. Some I know personally in my day to day life, some are friends of friends, and some I know only through the wonderful technology of the web. I love all just the same. And I love sharing pieces of my life with you.

Anyways I thought it'd be interesting to let you all in on the things that I am currently doing at the moment. Doing a quick glance of this blog from the last month it would appear that I am a pill popper looking for my next fix who spends way too much time cruisin youtube. But I promise it's not all true!

SO here is a glimpse into my world...for realz this time.

***I love hand written notes! I love receiving them. I love giving them. I love the assortment of cards and envelopes that I can find these days! I always carry around blank cards with me. I keep them in my purse, my glove compartment, my scriptures, my current read, well you get the point. I love letting people know of my love for them. Perhaps something I observed or something I felt or just sharing with them the simple message that they are loved!

***I love to study anything and everything! I usually will take mental note of things that come up in conversations and look it up as soon as I find a spare moment. When living in Provo not too long ago that I miss it but long enough it is missed {did I just contradict myself} I always tried to live as close to the library as I could get! I love the library!! Towards my last semester I lived just a block away and every day after clinic I would make my way to the books. I never really read fiction or novels for that matter. I was more of a real stuff kind of girl. But end of story I love to read, I love to learn and I love to know what other people know and I love to share with others what I know!

***Did you guys know that I love lighthouses?? I love what they represent and I love their purpose. They are beautiful buildings and no matter what I love them! While in Cape May, NJ several summers back I stayed in a cottage right on the boardwalk just under a mile from the Cape May lighthouse. I was there for work and had every night free. So each evening I would find my way to the beach and walk the shore to the lighthouse and along the way I would take that time to just think about life. It was the best experience. I loved that time I had to myself to take in the beauty that I was surrounded by. It was the best experience and so magical!

***Did you guys know I have studied four languages?? Who does that?!? But not the point...I hardly retained anything that would help me in my moment of need. Like asking my way to the toilet or what is safe to eat you know the important stuff. The one I love the most and still study will most likely do me the least amount of good. Most individuals don't even know what it is. Dying to know? It's Tongan! I love studying it, I love reading it, I love speaking it. Unfortunately it is mostly self taught and I have no idea what I'm doing half the time but on the plus side I know how to ask where the best place to go fishing at night is with a torch in tow. See totally something I could use. Duh! So a shout out to Sugi who introduced me to the Tongan culture and language 5 years ago.

***I love dancing! And if there is amazing music it makes that much more incredible! I love to watch people dance, I love to learn about the specific dances, and props to those that do it and do it well! Because I am so not coordinated to do it well! But no matter because I still love it just the same.

***A random lil fact about me...I know about stones. My sister taught me and what she did teach me has remained. I don't know enough to really teach others but I know that because it is something Ashley loves I love to know about it. I admire her for how much she knows of natural holistic healing remedies or what not. I don't know how to describe what it is she knows but she knows a lot. And for that I admire her. Just wish she didn't live so darn far away.

There's plenty more I could talk about but I'm choosing not to do so. It is a feat if you were able to make it through the post without being bored to pieces. My mum says I write too much and she doesn't like to read it...but I took the peeps and halla and fo sho's out and maybe that will make all the difference! Love ya mum!

2 sweet comments on "This lil light of mine...I'm going to let it shine!"

Alexa Mae on October 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM said...

i love ya steph!! thank you soooo much for EVERYTHING!!!

StephieMae on October 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM said...

I love you Alexa!

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!