Anyone for cowtipping?

Posted by StephieMae
So at the dinner table tonight we were sharin some stories...totally normal and always a guarenteed laugh.

So here's one you may all enjoy...

Let me give you the background;
Christmas Eve 2006 - Denver - Dinner with the Gouldings {umm fyi pretty much the coolest family to date}

So sitting around enjoying some good conversation, great food, and not to mention awesome company when the older folk get on the topic of small town country/ranch/farm life.

Anyways Brother Evan tells us about the harsh winters he experienced growing up on the ranch. Some nights the cold conditions were enough to bring harm to the livestock.

So here's the conversation

Brother Evan: "It'd get so cold that the horses would freeze, standing up and we'd have to go out and tip them over." {and fyi not the case at all they actually go down on their own and then freeze}

Me obviously thinking OMG those poor animals ask in a manner described as so sincere "well they're okay when they thaw out right?"

The whole dining room erupted in laughter! Poor me was so confused...why was everyone laughing.

So there you have it peeps. That's the infamous 'cowtipping tale'* that comes up at least once during the holiday season in the Anderson and Goulding homes and I can imagine so for many years to come.

Oh to be me-it's hard to do but someone must do it. Who better than me?!
And than it made me think of this:



and yes I know I've had an overload of video clips this last month. But puh-lease you would too if you were recovering from surgery too! DUH now just watch the clip again.

*it got its title from more incriminating evidence than I care to share at this time..but you never know so stay tuned.

p.s. Sorry for the lamespice writing of the story...it's told so much better by anyone else BUT me. Just deal wit it

0 sweet comments on "Anyone for cowtipping?"

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!