death by pine nut!

Posted by StephieMae

I made a discovery recently. Thought I'd share with you in case you are still out to lunch on this particular item of business.

Study of interest: pine nuts

End of the day deduction: The soi tastes fabulous in my green bean recipe, my homemade pesto, and even loved on my goat cheese and balsamic spinach salad. However I have some alarming news that has been brought to my attention.

pine nuts were given their name for the precise reason deduction exists. They taste like a pine tree. Do nuts come from trees? Don't answer that. All I know I have fooled myself into thinking that pine-nuts are delicious because I cook with them often and they taste good as a tertiary compliment.

The point: Just because something looks good from far away {or in a culinary dish where in theatre terms for lack of a better phrase "has no lines."} I know I'm wordy-it's also after 3am and after the night medicine. Anyways what was I saying oh yes, sometimes things are good because they bring the best out in others - but they don't always know how to bring the best out in themselves. SO after eating said nuts tonight I am saddened that it took me so long to make this simple discovery.

note to readers I didn't confirm my allegations, I'm assuming they taste of pine trees because they are pine nuts and pine trees are their given source. What do I know? I know you know enough to figure it out on your own! Best of luck!

0 sweet comments on "death by pine nut!"

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!