SNOW rocks!

Posted by StephieMae
Oh brother peeps, it totally snowed! Not just a few inches but more like 13"+ it was crazy. I flew in from sunny california just before the storm hit. I couldn't decide if I was happy or not. Part of me was hoping that upon arrival to the gate for boarding they would declare my flight cancelled. Then on the other hand I was like ugh I'm here already so let's just get it over with. Going through security was a treat as always and I wasn't wanting to do that again. Long story but maybe I'll share it some day. Ha anyways I got home late and crawled in bed to find that snow, snow and more snow was comin our way and it wasn't gonna quit. I didn't hate it though. I love snow and it is so enchanting at times. I'm glad we get some of these spring storms (not always but the majority of the time) So refreshing. I get so excited and love watching it fall from the sky and as the day drags on and the lights come on and the sun goes down. SO love it! So what does one do on days where you know you can't go anywhere? Well first I had to play in it. Hands down there was a question about it. I used the excuse of seeing if I could help my dad to get outside. I was still in my jammies and didn't see the use in changing so I dug out some of my underarmour to wear underneath my guachos threw on a coat and beanie and I was off. So in love with snow! Somehow I managed to get out back to shake off some trees for the 'rents and that's a horse of a different color fo sho so again perhaps I'll just keep that one in for now. Let's just say I have a totally bum knee that is bruised. Lame right? Ha ha Well then what does one do to occupy your time upon returning inside...I got all toasty warm and watched Gilmore Girl's. Aww you guys I love this show hands down and know way too much about it and compare it way too many of my friends realities etc. This show has so many amazing snow days in it. Part of the reason I love it so much. Remember when Luke built Loralei an ice rink in her front yard and they went ice skating!? So cute right? Well that is just one example of many which then got me thinking about snow and how romantic it can be...take for example While You Were Sleeping. Great movie and remember when Lucy and Jack meet and all the wonderful fluffy snow. You can't beat it peeps. Snow makes everything better! There's You've Got Mail-remember all that snow. Beauty and the Beast had snow and it fo sho helped move things along in that love department. Oh how I love snow. Just that night some friends of mine had snow in their life and I think it made it just that much better! OMG and it's not just about snow helping relationships along in the love dept but so much more than that. Take for example one of my fave movies ever that I watch not just in the lovely holiday season of Christmas but year round; How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love this movie and yet he hated everything about the season. Well duh peeps there is snow in this beloved movie and look how it ended. His heart grew an unsurmountable size! Love it peeps!

1 sweet comments on "SNOW rocks!"

Robyn on April 21, 2009 at 7:49 AM said...

Omg I can't believe you got that much snow...especially not at the end of April. What the heck! I saw your post and thought, this must be old. But nope...that is insane. Love the pics!

Also, I wanted to tell you thanks so much for your comment. I'm actually very impressed that you are able to avoid talking about it on your blog. I always tell myself that I'm not going to talk about him anymore, but then I just can't seem to help myself. I have to remind myself...this is my blog and if that is what is on my mind today then that is what I'm gonna write about...screw it.

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!