One bottle pop* Two bottle pop* Three*

Posted by StephieMae
So in my family we have a tradition that I LOVE! Every year come Christmas time we make homemade root beer. Now when I've talked to friends about this they think extract and dry ice. And for the longest time I hadn't the slightest clue as to what kind of root beer that could make. Eventually I was introduced to it and it just isn't as good as the family recipe. It involves a bit of work and time but man it's worth it. It is the most delectable tasting beverage. So GOOD! It is a family tradition passed on from my dad's side so all my me and my cousins were raised on this once a year treat. Those that marry into the family warm up to it but I don't think most of them can bare to tolerate it. Anyways there are many stories and memories of finding bottles months after their birth. They have had time to ferment because this, like I stated is the good stuff. Meaning it is made with none other than brewers yeast, extract, and sugar. So delish peeps. The reasoning for this post is just humor. I have an uncle who recently found in the lovely month of March some stashed in his basement; and if I recall correctly a few had exploded. So he proceeded to bring them to the kitchen to open them and rid of the contents. Well needless to say things didn't go the way hoped for. He managed to get the first one open and it went all into the sink but upon the opening of the second bottle it popped and exploded. It went everywhere and he seemed to be wearin a lot it. Ick! So they decided to take the rest out back and pop 'em open one by one. And there were casualties. So lesson learned...never let it go to waste. Even if the batch is a lil' yeasty. It'll only make you stronger inside and out! I can't help but bust up laughin and if it doesn't even crack a smile then I guess it really is a family thing. Enjoy!
P.S. Thanks are due to a one Uncle Rotney who so lovingly adorned us with documentation of the said events...and adorned yourself as well! Love ya!

0 sweet comments on "One bottle pop* Two bottle pop* Three*"

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!