Catch a ride wit me!

Posted by StephieMae
Alright so I'm thinkin I'm crazy these days peeps. It's nothin new and nor does it surprise me. I just thought I'd put it out there that I feel like I'm livin a crazy dance.

No but really I have been doin things that are not my norm - okay correction perhaps my norm but now I'm just realizing it.

Like for example I've been goin to the library and checkin out books that I have read so many times I've lost count and yet I still keep bringin them home. I read them all together at one time. There's no point in readin one and then pickin the other up-what's the point of checkin them all out. You know what I'm sayin? So anyways long story short it was my weekly trip to the library yesterday and I brought home 10 books 2 of which I have finished and 4 of which I'm readin right now. Why do I do this? I don't know what I even get out of it. Just new found knowledge of some of my fave peeps or moments in history. (I check out biographies and world history fyi) Which then secures all those lil random factoids in my head yet again and serves no real purpose except to make me remember that I already knew most of this. See I'm crazy!

Speakin of books I found one that was gives you easy ways of goin green. It helps you examine your life and weed out things that can be unhealthy for the environment. For some odd reason I felt the need to check it out. Peeps let me tell you I can't go any more green than I already am unless I want to live without my car. Technically it just said get rid of one of your cars and seein as I only have just one I think I'll keep her around.

Okay so maybe I'm not crazy but either way I'm over it now. The weather is amazing out this week! I LOVE it!
OH and here's a recap of Jeane's birthday throw down at Papadeux. Now it's a tasty place to eat and always has great entertainment if you go on the right day. But it's crawfish season and seein as she is a classy southern belle we went for the crawfish! Okay so not too interested in the lil buggers honestly. Last year I did want to go but I couldn't bring myself to. Secretly it just didn't sit well with me. But this year is different I got some gall and went. I'm sure classier peeps wouldn't describe the event in such way as I'm about to. They come to you on a huge platter (you can 1-2 lbs at a time) I was wamin up I had my bib on and I felt prepared and a lil excited. Then there it was - all those lil mud bugs starin at me and I wanted to cry. (p.s. I did for sec) How embarrassing eh? Why am I even tellin you all this.

Movin on...the night was fun it ended up bein not as bad by the end of it all but I think it'll take a good amount of returns to conquer my fear of those crawfishies.

1 sweet comments on "Catch a ride wit me!"

Sleepy Jeane on March 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM said...

I'm so glad you tried the boiled crawfish, Steph, but you don't have to next time if you don't want to. I never expect anyone to dig into the boiled crawfish if they're uncomfortable with doing so.

LOVE YA!

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!