What's your joy?

Posted by StephieMae


Owl flew past a day or two ago and noticed me.He didn't actually
say anything, mind you, but he knew it was me.
Very friendly of him,I thought. Encouraging. EEYORE
As a young girl I really loved Eeyore. He brought me joy which sounds odd but in a round about way I always seemed to learn something valuable from him. He wasn't known for talking a lot but when he did it was thought provoking. But there was something I thought of tonight that He said once upon a time "weeds are flowers too...once you get to know them." That's the attitude I need to have. To be an optimist one must have faith and for me I also need patience and through faith patience will come.

This whole surgery recovery is a learning experience and I find I cry a lot and get frustrated easily and feel lonely or get impatient...I can and so I unfortunately choose to do so. We all knew it would come with this whole isolated bed rest thing but I guess I didn't think of it as being this hard. I feel so lonely each and every passing day...sometimes it's a fleeting thought and leaves as fast as it came and other days it can be longer lasting. But I have a lot to be grateful for.

So tonight it's about the JOY!

I went on an outing today with mum. Nothing extravagant but long overdue. It made me happy to see the sun from somewhere rather than just my window today.

I got to chat with my lil niece Bai today...she was happy just to be happy. It made me smile, her simple words from such a young mind were refreshing.

I'm glad I get to actually get out of bed. Even if it is just to go to the bathroom. I can and for that I'm happy. Also that I won't always have these crutches makes me smile.

I'll walk again after all of this is over...I still have my foot who cares about the scars. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost my ability to walk permanently. I don't want to take it for granted anymore...but it's hard not to do so.

My mom takes care of me every day you guys. She doesn't have to but she does. She loves me and that makes me happy and I love her. I want to serve her the way she serves me someday.

I saw a picture of my Grandpa today-I smiled. I'm glad I have the family I do with the history that comes with it...I have so much to take from my ancestors.

I have hair...seems silly but there are those who don't have hair for various reasons. I'll take mine any day even if it is red and frizzy. I love it!!

I have the gospel in my life. I have truth in my life and my life it has a purpose and I want to live...even if I do have moments of despair.

Tonight I read some stories...it is about light; our own individual light. That it is enhanced through doing specific things. I love that I read it. It was a good decision. You should check it out.

P.S. Gina I so want to make P.B. cookies now...I hate P.B. but you sure do make them sound delicious enough to not only bake but eat. Do you have a good recipe?? What am I saying-of course you do. Care to share? Or anyone out there for that matter??

2 sweet comments on "What's your joy?"

Jessica on September 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

I love good peanut butter cookies! Since Brandon's allergic I don't make them...and the store bought ones just aren't any good. :(

I had a sugar cookie with sprinkles today. It left colored dots all over my fingers. :D It brightened my day.

Now I think I will blog about that.

mitch, pam and the rhoadants on September 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM said...

Hey You! I hope you are recovering well! I LOVE your blog. Thanks for writing it. here is THE BEST recipe for pb cookies ever (as long as you like 'em with chocolate!)

Pam’s PB Cup Cookies

1 c. shortning
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2-1/2 c. sifted flour
1-1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1-2 bags mini recese pb cups

Cream shortning, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Then add eggs, vanilla and beat well. Add the rest and mix. Shape into 1” balls. Place in greased mini muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (I bake for 7 minutes). Then place the pb cup in the center. Cool 10 minutes then take out of muffin tin. Yummy!

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!