My country tis of thee!

Posted by StephieMae
So Rachel and I wanted to get away and I don't think we really cared where we ended up just as long as it got us out of Colorado. So what do we do?! Well we pack our bags and head out to where else but Mt Rushmore! I invited Josh along for the thrill. What a fun adventure. We had a fabulous weather and great company-what more could you ask for? Mt Rushmore was so amazing! I loved learning of the history and the work and love and dedication that went into the whole construction of it! The spirit was undeniable and burned strong within my heart-I loved it! Oh and check this, we saw a lake in the park that peeps were ice fishing on; we took time to stop and walk out on the water...whoa! Not gonna lie it was a bit scary but I loved it!*

2 sweet comments on "My country tis of thee!"

Anonymous said...

wow how deep was the spot you were standing on

StephieMae on January 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM said...

The ice was over 6 inches thick but I don't know about the depth. I wasn't too far off the shore but either way it was way crazy just walking out on it.

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!