Follow through

Posted by StephieMae
So when someone tags you on their blog is there a time frame of following through on your end. Or can it just be done when you want? I piddle around a lot these days...on other peoples blogs and avoid posting anything on mine. However seeing as I love Alexa I'm going to follow through now rather than later.

So here it is-in no particular order 10 facts all about me. If disinterested you can skip down to my top 10 list of things that make me happy. And if you don't want to read about me than what are you doing on my blog?? Just sayin'


When I was a youngster I would go to my grandparents dairy farm. I loved everything about it and there were times we were told not to do certain things. Well I didn't listen one of those times and afterwards I learned that sometimes it is best just to listen. Parents on occasion really do prove to know more than kids. Case in point; we would swim in the canals during the hot summer days and it was so much fun! But than there were the ditches used for irrigation. We were to avoid them because if the water was high and moving fast enough you'd be gone in a flash. Well it looked fun - and I just wanted to test the waters out. So I got in and can I tell you if I could've been out faster than I got in heck yes I would have. Unfortunately I was a good half mile down before I even was able to attempt to pull myself out. Holy scary - but the biggest bummer wasn't that I could have drowned but that it scuffed up the bottom of my favorite swimsuit! The one my mum told me not to wear while in the canals. Ha so lesson learned. I never got in the ditch again nor did I ever speak of it until now.


I guess that knocked off more than just one fact about me, wouldn't you say? I mean obviously you know now that I didn't listen very well and defied my elders. So we'll move on to say number four, sounds fair, eh?


I'm scared of needles and to attempt to overcome that phobia I donated blood regularly every 8 weeks for 18 months. Umm yeah and that whole cure me of my phobia-it didn't work.


So now what number are we one? 6? Sounds good to me!


I love my handwriting and I used to be so ocd about having it perfect that after taking my notes in my classes - if I'd messed up I would rewrite them in their entirety to ensure they were pretty to look at.


I got in a car with a stranger once when I was about 7. Scary, right? Umm thinking about it today ABSOLUTELY! But at the moment nah. I was just happy to get a ride to swim team. And to call him a stranger isn't the truth. I knew him but I didn't know how I knew him. He knew me but I couldn't place him and to this day still can't figure out who he was. But hey at least I wasn't late to swim practice!


We went to Vail as a family one summer and stayed in the condos that had the most amazing pool and driving range behind us. I loved it, what I remember of it anyways. But all the condos looked the same so I walked into what I thought was ours. Yeah it wasn't. Wanna know how I knew? Because there were ash trays all over and it smelled like beer. I looked around the place for a few minutes until a lady saw me and asked if I was lost. I told her I didn't think I was but seeing her confirmed that I was in fact lost. She helped me find my way home. Another moment for a mother to panic - eek.


I think these above stories can count as ten facts proving my ability to not think things through. So moving onto the next list.



My top 10 things I love!

I love pretty much everything!

Let's see I love Burts Bees chapstick and have since about the 8th grade! LOVE IT! 9 times out of 10 I always have one on me.

I hands down love to be in the kitchen baking and cooking! It truly can make things seem so much better. I really love trying new recipes and love it even more when I love how it turns out!

I love CD's over iPod any day. There's just something about that ownership it gives me.However I do like that I can watch movies on the go from a teeny screen ;) ha ha

I really love to read; and even more so if I get to do it with someone. Whether in a book club or reading with children or having someone read to me. I love it in all way shapes and forms. Even on CD! ha ha

I love to snuggle up with a nice thick quilt and take naps! It is the best remedy to bad days.

Gilmore Girls. Need I say more??

I love nail polish! I am an OPI snob and own too much for my own good. I paint my nails as often as possible and love it even more when I opt for a salon pedicure! Doorway to my SOLE here I come! {if you live in the Denver area it is the best place ever! It's at Cherry Creek}

I have grown to love my scars. Wanna know why?? Because it's okay to have silly looking battle wounds from surgery. Because it's a daily reminder to evaluate things I take for granted. Like walking for instance!

I love my friends! Even the ones that come for a moment and then blink they're gone. I love the ones that were there and pop in and out of my life. I love the new ones I make and I love be able to recognize that friends are a gift to bless our lives! They will if we but allow it! They are proof that my prayers are heard!

And last I love kids! I think they are brilliant and wise and funny and loving! What joy they bring to my life!!

and to now tag some others...let's see in no particular order I love these girls, I love their blogs, and more importantly I love their friendship!

 But now I'm too tired to link and tag you girls so go ahead and grab a tag and join in the fun! I'm pretty sure you all know who you are! You are the ones that survived this post ;) No but really quick Jenn, Kell, TawnaKins, ChelseyMichelle, Gina, Andrea, Jeane, Lori, JessV, PhillyJess, And well come one come all join in on the fun. Cathy, Tiffany, Brenda, you guys get the idea. I love you all and now share some facts with me about you! LOVES*

0 sweet comments on "Follow through"

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!