Longboarding turkey style in the ER

Posted by StephieMae
So let's see here-it's been a while because well I was a lil 'under the weather' you could say. But not really. You see the Crowfeeters had a turkey day eve celebration and you can't enjoy the eve holidays any less than the actually holidays themselves. At least for me anyways I love the day before festivities. So of course what do I do? Take advantage of some awesome weather! I conquered a massive path behind B's house today and we lost track of time so much so that we were late feeding Elders which in turn made us early for arrival at the church to help set up. No idea how that works but hey it happens. But the night was a hit we threw down some great grub enjoyed a holiday skit with some great commentary throughout the night. I think the best line of the night was when in line getting food. Just before eating Wil and I were in the kitchen looking at these jiggly round pathetic excuses of being cranberries when we thought well we can't just serve it like this. Hmm lightbulb lets mash it in a bowl. So in line nearin the end we are entertained by a one Jason Prusse who wants cranberries. He steps right in between me and Wil and says and I quote "oohh cranberries" his eyes taking in the several options presented before Him and then no joke he gets a spark in his eyes as he comes across the 'mashed' ones "awesome and someone even brought legit ones! They're the best!" and starts shoveling a good three heaping spoonfuls onto his plate and walks away like a lil boy that just got a bike for christmas. Wil and I were bustin up! Love it people! So then of course after the shin dig and deciding that we were def not going to see Twilight with everyone else we think on it and say hey let's go longboarding. Genious idea right? So we go and pick up not just Wil's board but his bro Jim as well. And we hit the road. So you enjoyin the play by play because it only gets better. So we're all enjoying the fresh pavement the smooth ride and the crisp november air. Nobody ate it at all we had a blast and by the end of the night Jim was limping and Wil got up to 28 mph at one point. So we get back to Jim and Ang's and oops Wil let's the cat out of the bag and mentions Jim got on the board. Def not our fight to fight ha ha so not funny but it totally was. Ang was not happy. So than onto later that night and me hopping on one foot and crawling into my house in the wee hours of the morning; regretting coming home in the first place. I awake the next morning with the dark cloud over my day of telling my parents I'm going to the ER. Well actually let me tell you how it went down. I crawl up the stairs and hop over to somewhere; not my first choice of a seat but long story short I couldn't walk. I had a swollen foot. My mum looks at me and says "hmm well I guess you better just stay off it for the day." Now I had to explain to her that that wasn't an option. I was in SO much pain but neither parent had interest in doing anything about it because they were oppossed to my whole longboarding thing as it was to begin with. So here I am waiting for my sister who was dragged out of bed at like 7 am to take me to the ER where I got to have my own room and watch the Turkey parade where all I remember is Buzz Lightyear.While I sat there and had to explain what longboarding even is and had lame xrays and ice packs and lame stuff. I had to explain that a week earlier I had taken a fall on some bad ice and already hobled around; I didn't need this. Especially after I had just been through this a week before. Well yay for casts right because that's what they wanted to do but I talked them down to a walking boot. So imagine the response I got from Ang that night when I show up at the Craig's and she can't do anything but shake her head. Oh well I'm not letting this small set back put me out for the season. So I had a boot now I dont and I have a lame brace that doesn't even help so I don't wear it and it's snowing outside now so I'm happy because of that and I get to go to the parade of lights tonight I have a fun Christmas party every weekend for the next three weeks so I'm trying to stay excited for that and of course this means Christmas music 22/5 because I got to throw in some other stuff as well into the mix. I LOVE SNOW! Doin it Gilmore style is my is my fave...bundled up walking around with lights and snow~it's the best!

0 sweet comments on "Longboarding turkey style in the ER"

Post a Comment

 

The Proof of this Joy in Me!